I don’t normally use my blog to publicise the event that I have coming up, because quite frankly I’m not usually that organised.
Nonetheless, if you have the strange compunction to hear me speak, or to attend something I’ve helped organise, here are some gigs that are coming up soon (click the links for details):
- 12th July 2014 (09:00 – 18:00): Tetrapod Zoology Conference (London Wetlands Centre) – I’ll be talking about my research on mermaids at 11ish during this exciting all-day conference.
- 16th July (18:30 for 19:30 start): Science in the Pub (Old King’s Head, London Bridge) – The monthly science talk I host every 3rd Wednesday of the month, with Dr Erica McAlister from the NHM talking about science and museums
- 18th July 2014 (09:30 for 10:00 start): Taxidermy: Creativity, Curation, Context & Care (Chandler House, Bloomsbuy, London) – I’ll be chairing this one day conference, which should be brilliant as the line-up of speakers is looking great!
- 22nd July 2014 (18:30 for 19:30 start): Conspire presents Flight (47-49 Tanner Street, London) – I’ll be doing a freestyle talk in an arty environment about how and why birds fly the way they do.
- 24th July 2014 (18:30 start): Chimpanzee! Insights about Ourselves from our Closest Cousin (Islington Museum, London) – I’ll be digging into how we have learned about and from Chimpanzees, part of the Horniman’s Objects in Focus loans project.
- 25th – 27th July 2014 (17:00 on 27th): Winchester Science Festival (Discovery Centre, Winchester) – I’ll be talking about the evolution and adaptations of the skull in vertebrates.
- 8th August 2014 (time TBC): 5×15 at Hendrick’s Carnival of Knowledge (1 Royal Circus, Edinburgh) – I’ll be exploring what a curator does, with examples, for this Edinburgh Fringe event.
- 16th August 2014 (time TBC): A History of the Horse (Bromley Museum, Orpington) – I’ll be exploring the close link between horses and humans in history as part of the Horniman’s Objects in Focus loans project.
- 20th August 2014 (18:30 for 19:30 start): Science in the Pub (Old King’s Head, London Bridge) – TBC
That’ll do for now as details get more fuzzy as we look further into the future, but there are more talks coming up in in September, which I’ll add at a later date. Now I’d better think about getting some of these talks prepared!